Decorating homes is not something that comes naturally for most of us. And if that decorating has to be done while being very mindful of the size of the space, then things only get more complicated. If you have to decorate a small kitchen, and don’t know how to do so successfully, then here are our expert tips for you…!
- Make use of the natural light – even if your kitchen is tiny, if you have plenty of natural light available in it, you should count yourself fortunate. Sunlight and fresh air is something that makes any tight space feel more spacious; make sure you “invite it in” when decorating. Use light curtains that don’t block out windows and arrange your furniture accordingly as well.
- Introduce artificial lighting – if sunlight is not an option for your kitchen, don’t fret. Simply introduce plenty of artificial lights. Make sure every corner of your kitchen catches the light.
- Use light colors – colors play a large part in making small spaces friendlier and less cluttered. Choose white or colors in their lightest shade to help your kitchen feel larger than it is. Pay attention that colors make a difference to your walls, floors, decorations and even your furniture.
- Be mindful of the furniture you buy – apart from the color of the furniture you buy for you small kitchen, it’s also important that you remember to pay attention to its size and purpose. Opt for small, foldable or multi purposed furniture. For example, rather than a hulking kitchen table that blocks the kitchen in many ways, you can opt to get a small folding tables for sale or even a breakfast bar that doubles as a counter.
- Transparency and reflectiveness helps – and this is in regards to both the furniture, and the things in your kitchen. As you are working in a tight space, make life easier by opting for transparent containers, and glass doors. This will not only help you find things faster, but will also inevitably help to make the kitchen feel bigger.
- Decorate to help keep organized – when it comes to small kitchen decorating, it’s vital that you remember to decorate with purpose. Try and make sure that the decorations you use will help to organize the kitchen better latter. For example, if you want to get decorative shelves, opt to buy white bookcases online—which can come in use late on to organize your recipes.
- Assign zones – this helps not only to organize your kitchen more efficiently, but also to decorate successfully. Divide the kitchen according to its purpose. Prepping zone, cooking zone, baking zone, storage zone; it all depends on you. Decorating accordingly will make the decorations feel more in-tuned and appropriate.
- Less is more – especially when it comes to tight space like a small kitchen. And when it comes to the decorating of small kitchens, we feel this is one tip that makes all the difference!